Americans prefer to remain in their homes as they mature…
What is Aging-in-Place?
- Living in one’s home safely, independently and comfortably, regardless of age, income or ability level.
- The pleasure of remaining in a familiar environment throughout one’s maturing years.
- The ability to enjoy the familiar daily routines and the special events that enrich all our lives.
Projects for the aging-in-place remodeling segment range from installation of bath and shower grab bars and adjustment of countertop heights to the creation of multi-functional first-floor master suites and the installation of private elevators.
Why was CAPS developed?
Millions of the Baby Boom generation will turn 55 years old this year and more will cross this significant threshold in the next 15 years. About 80% of all Americans 55 years or older currently own their own homes, making it the highest rate of home ownership of any age group in the country.
The AARP’s landmark study “Fixing to Stay” was a wake-up call to the residential remodeling industry. The results of the study sent two messages loud and clear:
- Americans prefer to remain in their homes as they mature, rather than seek assisted living and other arrangements.
- Older consumers want a reliable means of identifying the professionals they can trust to remodel their homes.
CMI Construction is Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
We have expertise in the nuances of effective assessment of needs. We have experience integrating aesthetically pleasing and functional solutions to make it easy for homeowners to call a house a home for a lifetime.